City Of Oro Valley AZ
Find Quick Facts And Scenes Of The City Of Oro Valley AZ
The City Of Oro Valley Is Incorporated As A Town
Incorporated in April 1974 as a Town, the City of Oro Valley is home to over 45,000 residents. The City of Oro Valley is governed by a council-manager structure. The Oro Valley Town Council has 7 members.
The town covers a bit more than 36 square miles and all Town of Oro Valley subdivisions have mountain views.
Oro Valley AZ Will Find A Great Place To Live
Here is a short video highlighting a few of the attributes of City of Oro Valley, AZ
[embedplusvideo height=”700″ width=”800″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/XiLcyM” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/PcHhpMKhauk?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=PcHhpMKhauk&width=800&height=700&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=1&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep9586″ /]
The City of Oro Valley has been frequently recognized as one of the top communities in America.
Publications that have bestowed accolades include:
- One of America’s 10 Safest Suburbs – Movoto Real Estate, 2014
- Best Place in Arizona to Raise Kids – Bloomberg Businessweek, 2013
- Playful City Community USA, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- 10 Best Towns for Families – Family Circle Magazine, August 2008
- 100 Best Places in America to Live and Launch a Small Business – Fortune Small Business Magazine, April 2008
City Of Oro Valley’s Climate
The City of Oro Valley is located between the Catalina and Tortolita mountain ranges. With an elevation of 2,620 feet, the temperatures are cooler.
Oro Valley is one of the sunniest and more comfortable places to live in the USA. The annual average high temperatures is around 83 degrees. Annual average lows are close to 54 degrees. Yes, summer day highs will be in the 100’s. Bear in mind, low humidity and the elevation make these temperatures very tolerable.
The City of Oro Valley is in Southern Arizona about 90 miles south of Phoenix. It is close to many notable U. S. destinations. Notable places that are an easy drive from the City of Oro Valley include:
- Tucson is roughly 6 hours from San Diego and the Pacific Ocean about 6 to 7 hours away.
- The beaches of the Sea of Cortez, also known as the Gulf of California, are just 4 hours away in Puerto Peñasco,Mexico
- Las Vegas is 6.5 hour drive. For professional sports, Phoenix is only 1 ½ hours to the north.
- The Tucson area offers things to do. If you want to go skiing, Mt Lemmon is only 45 minutes away. At 9,200 feet, this peak of the Santa Catalina has skiing from mid November thru March. They make snow to add to the natural winter snows they receive.
- To the north, the White Mountains are about 3-4 hours away. The White Mountain have cooler summer temperatures and skiing during the winter. This is a popular summer get away spot as is Mt Lemmon.
- Flagstaff in is northern Arizona about 5 hours away. Flagstaff has outstanding skiing and is
just a few miles from the south rim of the Grand Canyon. The Petrified Forest National Park is also close by.
The communities and subdivisions in Oro Valley provide a great place to call home. Schools are well ranked and recreational areas are “right next door”. Golf, Tennis, hiking, biking and parks abound.
Give us a call at 866-316-5575 OR Submit our contact form and we will get right back to you.